Content and information provided by Casey Coffey MS, RD, LDN Registered Dietician for Provision CARES Proton Therapy Knoxville
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 package riced cauliflower (you can find this at Trader Joe’s or Kroger in the produce section)
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 1 vidalia onion, chopped or thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups snow peas, trimmed
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce (or Bragg liquid aminos)
- Heat olive oil in pan and sauté carrots, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 1 minute.
- Add bell pepper and onion, ¼ teaspoon salt, and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, about 2 minutes.
- Add peas, sprinkle with remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper and cook, stirring frequently, 1 minute.
- Place cooked vegetables in bowl and set aside while preparing cauliflower.
- Return skillet to head; add sesame oil, cauliflower and beaten eggs.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until eggs are evenly cooked and cauliflower has softened, about 2-4 minutes.
- Add cooked vegetables and soy sauce to cauliflower / egg mixture; cook 1 minute more or until warm through.
- Divide stir-fry among 4 bowls.
Note: Stir fry chicken, shrimp or tofu with above to complete your meal.