Looking for a healthy dish to take to your Memorial Day cookout? Look no further than Casey’s Layered Chicken Taco Salad!
Recipe provided by Casey Coffey MS, RD, LDN Registered Dietician for Provision CARES Proton Therapy Knoxville.
Layered Chicken Taco Salad
Prep time: 20 minutes Total time: 20 minutes
Serves: 8-10 people
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup riced cauliflower
- 1 (15 ounce) can black, drained and rinsed
- 1 (11 ounce) can Mexican corn, drained
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 ½ cups prepared pico de gallo (or diced tomato)
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded (about 4 cups shredded meat) – can use canned chicken if preferred
- 1 ½ cups shredded Monterey jack and cheddar chceese
- 1 (14 ounce) bottle cilantro avocado yogurt dressing (about 1.75 cups dressing) (Bolthouse brand is good) – could also use ranch dressing of choice and add ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package tortilla strips (about 1 ½ cups) – tri-color is a great option for Memorial Day
- Layer half of each ingredient into a large salad bowl in the order listed above. Repeat layers with remaining half of the ingredients.
- Serve immediately or cover with plastic and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Leftovers can be stored in refrigerator for 2-3 days.